ABOUT SILVER MESA ELEMENTARY
- Silver Mesa Elementary is on a traditional 180 day, nine-month calendar.
- The school day begins at 8:20 and ends at 2:55.
- The morning kindergarten begins at 8:20 and ends at 11:00.
- The afternoon kindergarten begins at 12:15 and ends at 2:55.
- All students who live within Silver Mesa’s boundaries are within walking distance of the school. There are no buses.
- Volunteer opportunities include: PTA, Masterpiece Art, Junior Achievement, and various other areas. Please contact the main office or PTA if you would like to volunteer..
- Students at Silver Mesa learn and practice social skills as well as academic skills.
- We have a Spanish Dual Language Immersion Program in our school, 1st-5th grades. Participation in the program is determined with a lottery system in kindergarten. Families may sign up for the lottery on the CSD website.
- We have three Accommodated Core Classrooms in our school, 1st-5th graders.
- The mission of our Faculty and Staff is to teach our students the skills and knowledge needed to become independent learners, critical thinkers, problem solvers and good citizens.
- Silver Mesa’s Faculty includes 30 Professional Staff Members.
- Over 50% of our teachers have Masters’ Degrees
- Teachers have an average of 18 years of experience
- Many of our teachers have endorsements to their teaching license. These include: Special Education, Gifted and Talented, Early Childhood Education, Math, and English as a Second Language.
View Silver Mesa Elementary School in a larger map
Begin at 1300 E. and 8850 S.; east along 8850 S. (both sides to Peruvian Park Elem.) to 1500 E. (Altair Dr.); north along 1500 E. (east side) to 8730 S.; continuing north along 1500 E. (both sides to Peruvian Park Elem.) to 8685 S.; east along 8685 S. (both sides to Peruvian Park Elem.) to 1700 E.; north along 1700 E. (both sides) to 8600 S.; continuing north along 1700 E. (east side) to the bluff; southeast along the bluff (south side) to 2000 E. (Highland Dr.); south along 2000 E. (Highland Dr.) to 9400 S. (west side); west along 9400 S. to 1300 E. (north side); north along 1300 E. (east side) to 8850 S.